Would CO2 Laser Resurfacing Be Ideal for Me?

Like overall i have found out that co2 laser resurfacing is great in riding a great majority of acne scars, sun damage, uneven skin tone/tan,etc. However, what makes me worry about getting c02 laser resurfacing is that, in addition it also tightens skin, and does other things that typically females like to get done. I am a male in my early twenties, and while i do plan to get c02 laser resurfacing done, i am hesitate to do so because , because of this. anyone can explain this to me?

Co2 laser resurfacing for acne scars and if this would be wierd for a male

+1

This shouldn't be wierd. There are a couple of questions on this. Acne scars should be treated with a multilayered approach though. I would look into that instead of just co2 laser resurfacing.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

CO2 Resurfacing

+1

Without actually seeing you it is not possible to completely answer your question.  Just some thoughts in relation to your question.   First of all check that whoever you see for this has significant experience with lasers and can discuss the alternatives as well as the associated risks and limitations.

Also suggest in general terms that you should evaluate whether you should have a fractional resurfacing procedure or a resurfacing procedure.  In general fractional resurfacing of the face has a quicker recovery.  Once again for this you should see an experienced laser surgeon.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon