CO2 Laser Resurfacing, Day 14 . . . Skin Still Rough and Very Tight.

Day 14 after co2 laser. My skin, especially around chin and mouth, is very tight. I had a breakout on day 12 in that area (after some makeup) with some bumps. The bumps have gone down (no makeup last 2 days) but now there is a rough, scaly coverage. I don't know if this is part of the healing/shedding process. It feels as if it could shed (but not today; too firm). Can it be that my skin may need more time to heal and rejuvinate? FYI, I followed the washing/cleansing routine to a T!

Wound care and healing after CO2 (carbon dioxide) laser

+1

More than any other treatment in cosmetic dermatology, it is imperative that communication between the physician and patient is such that any concerns are addressed. Not following a regimen is risky and fortunately you did, but you have concerns of the texture. Call you doctor's office and make sure that you schedule a followup appointment so this is addressed.