Co2 Laser Now? Tried Fraxel For Acne Scars On Cheeks.

I am 28 so I don't want to do too much to my skin before the time comes, but I am still bothered by acne scars on my cheeks. I have had three Fraxel treatments, and while I definitely experienced an improvement, I still have scars that show on my cheeks. My cousin suggested the co2 resurfacing she had done at 30. Is that the next step? Is it far better than frxl? Is there con to doing a resurfacing at my age? (how is it going to affect me when I REALLY would need it at the age of 35-40?)

CO2 laser for cheeks

+1

You probably had Fraxel Re:store for the acne scars on your cheeks.  This non-ablative laser is very helpful for shallow scars, but if your scars are still present, fractional CO2 laser, which is ablative and more aggressive, will be more effective for your scars.  You can certainly have the laser treatments at your age and repeat them when you are older.

Toronto Dermatologist

CO2 Resurfacing

+1

Acne scars are very difficult to improve, but I think CO2 treatments do the very best.  I have been very happy with the results, especially on the cheeks, because the skin is thick there so the settings can be higher. 

CO2 is very good for your skin, we stop making collagen at a young age, and CO2 stimulates your body to make more.  You can expect to have better skin at 35-40, and will probably want another one by then!

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon