CO2 Laser Resurfacing Okay for Eyelids?

I had CO2 laser done on my face and they also did my eyelids covering the eyeball. Is this safe? No occular shield was in place.

Carbon dioxide laser for eyelids

+1

Whether it is the older type of non-fractional carbon dioxide laser or the newer fractional carbon dioxide laser, it is safer to use ocular shields during the laser therapy and that is how doctors are trained to do it. If you had any trouble it would probably have manifested itself by now with symptoms but you can clear your mind by seeing an ophthalmologist for an examination.

CO2 laser resurfacing okay for eyelids

+1

Usually this is not the standard of care in the USA. I would seek an eye examination to be sure your vision is ok.

From MIAMI Dr. B