Will CO2 Laser After Blepharoplasty Affect Eyelids?

Hello, I’m 28 years old, female. I have the whites of my eye showing from blepharoplasty surgery. I have a very slight natural tan. I want to get CO2 Laser for my entire face. But will it cause my under eyes to be pulled down more?

My surgeon will be performing hard palate surgery for my eyes to raise the lower eyelids up. Will the laser affect this? If so, what will be the best alternative to have a younger skin? What other lasers or chemical peels should I consider?

Wait until your eyelids are corrected before undergoing laser treatment

+1

If you have some white show, then you will need to have your eyelids fixed first. You don't want to complicate things by adding a second procedure at the time of your eyelid repair.

Laser resurfacing can be great for rejuvenating the skin around the eyes when it the skin has become loose, wrinkled or pigmented. It will, however, create further pull on your eyelids and complicate the problems you described from your previous surgery.

You are only 28 so it is hard to imagine that you have loose skin or wrinkles to the degree that you would need heavy laser resurfacing. It is hard to know without seeing a photo, but you might also talk to your doctor about Botox, fractional lasers (Affirm or Fraxel), or even Thermage as less aggressive alternatives.

Good Luck

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyelids Pulled Down After Blepharoplasty

+1

I am sorry to learn of the difficulty you are having after lower eyelid surgery. If your Ocular Plastic Surgeon believes that this warrants repair with hard palate grafts, do not complicte this be having any other procedures on the eyelids at the same time. Resurfacing can cause your lids to be further pulled down. Wait at least 6months after having your repair prior to even considering any further procedures on the eyelid skin.

Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.