Red with Itchy Breakouts After Laser Resurfacing

30 days post co2 full face resurfacing. I am very red and have hot itchy breakouts everyday for about 3 hrs. could there be a problem or am I a slow healer?

Breakouts after resurfacing

+1
CO2 resurfacing requires good and thick moisturizers to help heal the skin and their use in the first two weeks can help contribute to acne and whiteheads, but healing from the procedure by itself can form whiteheads (milia) which may cause itching. Depending on what topicals you're using, the breakouts could be better or worse. If you are breaking out with itchy red welts, then you mighjt be reacting to sunscreen or the topicals. You should see your lasert surgeon for evaluation of this side effect.