Will CO2 Fraxel Laser Treatment Remove Burn Scars?

I had a fire accident when I was young. a burning plastic of some sort exploded and burned me on my chest after burning through my thin T-shirt. That happened when I was 8 years old and it grow with me and kept expanding. Now I have a large scar on my chest. Will this treatment work for me? What is the best treatment to remove these scar? I am also African American, is there a treatment option that is more suitable for my skin color? Thank you in advance!

CO2 Fractionated laser can help

+2

Hello, yes the Fractionated CO2 laser can certainly help improve the appearance of your burn scar but it will not completely remove it. I would recommend you find a board certified dermatologist with expertise in laser surgery to address this issue for you. These lasers were developed by dermatologists and there are only a handful of physicians with the know how and ability to treat these types of issues effectively. 

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar

+1

It might be best for you to have a test site with an erbium frationated laser than a carbon dioxide laser given your dark skin type. A test site is when they use the laser on only a small area of the scar and then see it your skin color is altered after is has healed.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.