CO2 or Fraxel Laser for Under Eye Area? Approx Cost?

I'm 37 years old with crepiness under my eye area that can't be helped with Botox. My skin is fair, but in good shape, all except for my under eye are. (As I've been using sunscreen daily since 23.) I've heard to do a laser or peel. CO2 and Fraxel Restore are often mentioned. Which one has the best success with the least amount of risk? What is the aprox price for under eye only?

CO2 Laser Resurfacing to Under Eyes

+1

CO2 Lasers are by far the superior laser when it comes to skin resurfacing and will definitely give you a noticeable change in your under eye area.

Every market is slightly different when it comes to the price for treatment in this area.  It is usually beneficial to incorporate more treatment areas to gain the most value for your dollar. For instance, instead of just doing the eyes, do your whole face because you may have to pay a little more, but you will also have the advantage of having a total all-over change. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional co2 skin resurfacing for the undereyes instead of blepharoplasty

+1

The fractional co2 skin resurfacing treatment is by far, the most effective non-surgical modality for undereye resurfacing.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Fractional resurfacing improves skin laxity around the eyes

+1

Improvement of "crepiness" or loose skin and fine wrinkles around the eyes can be achieved through a variety of modalities.  Based on a number of factors, including the extent of your skin laxity, your skin type, and your acceptable amount of downtime, your physician can decide which treatment will provide you with the best result. 

Non-ablative fractional resurfacing such as Fraxel Re:store can provide very nice results, has the least amount of downtime, but requires a series of treatments.  Ablative fractional resurfacing with lasers such as Fraxel Re:pair can provide more dramatic tightening in one treatment but there is some wounding of the skin and thus more downtime.  Traditional ablative resurfacing with non-fractional CO2 lasers can provide significant tightening as well, but also wounds the skin and carries a significant risk of discoloration or lightening of the skin and has the longest amount of downtime. 

Ultimately, you and your physician should make a decision about which treatment is best based on the above factors.  Just make sure to choose a physician who is experienced in treating this area since any resurfacing treatment around the eyes should be done judiciously to minimize any risk of complications. 

Matthew J. Mahlberg, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon