Can I Get Co2 Fractional Skin Resurfacing if I Already Have Juvederm?

I really need to get something NOW, and have an appt. next week for juvederm for my "smoker's lines". I really want the co2 fractional skin resurfacing done, but my problem is that I don't have the vacation time at work saved up and so I can't get that done until November (10 months from now). I'm just wondering if I have any juvederm left in me by then, would the skin resurfacing ruin it? Should I wait until the juvederm is completely gone? Thanks!

Juvederm and Fractionated Laser

+2

No problem with having both Juvederm and the fractionated CO2 laser.  The laser does not get as deep as the Juvederm, and will not effect it.  I often will use a filler and Botox a  week or so prior to a laser, as I think the laser may work better if the skin is smoother to begin with.  Good luck with your treatments, I have been happy with the results I see from the Co2 Fractionated laser.  Lana Long, M.D.

Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers can be done in conjunction with CO2 resurfacing.

+1

You can have CO2 resurfacing even though you have already had fillers. Having fillers shouldn’t alter the treatment with the laser or vice versa.

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractionated CO2 after Juvederm

+1

Due to heat and swelling associated with the laser procedure, it is entirely possible, although not documented, that your filler lifespan could be shortened after fractionated CO2, but depends on the settings and the depth/location that the juvederm was placed.  I would not let the juvederm talk you out of a laser treatment.

Michael Howard Swann, MD
Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

That should be no problem.  I often do fat transfer or Juvederm at the same time I do CO2 laser and never had a problem.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Smoothing of Upper Lip "Smoker's Lines" with Fractional Laser AFTER Juvederm or Restylane Filler Placement

+1

Smoothing lip "Smoker's Lines" is often best done by a combination of procedures such as fillers and laser resurfacing. The fractional laser is rarely if ever used to the depths at which we place the fillers. As a result, resurfacing done even shortly after filler treatment of the lip should have no effect on the filler.

Skin resurfacing and juvederm

+1

Skin resurfacing should not impact your juvederm. Juvederm is often palced much deeper than the penetration of the fractional laser.

Juvederm

+1

This type of issue is a very common concern.  It is probably best to discuss this with the physician who will be performing your fractional resurfacing and having the same physician perform both procedures.  Frequently the hylauronic acid gel filler (in this case Juvederm) and the fractional resurfacing are performed at different tissue depths.  Another consideration is that with the timing you mentioned it is likely that most of the gel, will be gone by the time the resurfacing is performed.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and laser

+1

Firstly, By November you might be ready  to have juvederm again. Secondly, I do not think that the laser will harm what you have left in there. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Fractional CO2 laser

+1

Depending on the depth of the fractional CO2. There are several settigs and combination of settings in Fractional CO2 laser.

In any deep or combinations with deep CO2 the Juvederm can disappear.