I Had Co2 & Ebrium Laser Resurfacing Done 8 Weeks Ago to Treat Moderate Rolling Acne Scars

I had Fractional Co2 & Ebrium laser resurfacing 8 weeks ago to treat primarily rolling acne scars on my cheeks and temples. My doctor also performed a procedure called Facetite. My cheek bones still feel bruised to the touch. Since then, I have been experiencing numbness in those areas but most concerning is that when I smile it is uneven - half of my face goes up higher. I'm scheduled to have a fotofacial done 1 week from now. Is this normal and should I continue with this procedure?

Numbness and soreness probably from Facetite and not Fractional CO2

+1

It is difficult to say what is the cause of your symptoms but probably it is the FAcetite as that is an energy designed to tighten the deep tissues and Fractional laser resuracing with Fraxel Restore and Fraxel REpair does not penetrate that deeply of affect the muscle or bone areas.

CO2 and Erbium Laser Resurfacing anf Facetite for Rolling acne scars

+1

A numbness and bruised feeling at 8 weeks is somewhat unusual but possible.

An uneven smile at 8 weeks may still  correct itself, but I would like to get an  answer from the Doctor who treated you and also a second opinion from an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon and , if necessary, from a Neurologist.

Always make sure that you are being treated by an experienced, Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

I am concerned if you have an uneven smile 8 weeks after treatment.

+1

I am concerned if you have an uneven smile 8 weeks after treatment. Go back to your doctor and express your concerns.   

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon