Can I Have Botox on my Arms?

I'm not referring to the under arm, but the crevice of my arms which is really wrinkly ... Is it possible, woould it be dangerous given the veins here?

Botox on your arms

+2

Botox and botox-like injections are to paralize very fine and thin muscles of the face which are responsible for wrinkles of the overlying skin. It would not be effective for the arms with bulcky and volumnous arm' s musculatures. If injected in the blood stream could cause systemic and possibly dangerous side effects. Please do not consider that.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Using Botox on the Arms

+1

Botox will have almost no effect at all on the wrinkles in your arms, although it would work fairly well if you perspired excessively in this area.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Do not have Botox injected into your arms.

+1

There is NO beneficial effect of Botox for wrinkled arm skin. You would be wasting your money. Even more importantly, you would be undergoing treatment by someone who is either woefully inexperienced or unethical if injection would even be considered for this concern. Just say NO! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Botox on the Crevice of Your Arm, NO but, Always Options!

+1

Sal,

This would not be a good idea at all, this is a static wrinkle (one that you have when you are not moving) Botox does not work on static wrinkles only dynamic (wrinkles that you can move with muscle movement).

What I have used that works and it is considered "off-label use" are certain fillers along with some FDA approved skin tightening lasers, like Exilis. 

• Exilis is a fairly new device that uses radiofrequency to tighen the skin, we get great results with ours.
  • Thermage is similar on the market and we do not own this machine and what I have seen is that it works well on some and not on others.
  • Skin Tightening by Sciton Laser works well, a package of these are used.

Thenk complement this with some skin care products like Lumiquin by Revision.  They have polypeptides that rejuvenate the skin.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for wrinkes of the arm

+1

It is unlikely that you would have any risk with Botox injection of the arm for wrinles, but more importantly it is highly unlikely that you would have any benefit with Botox injection for such objective.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

There Are No Silly Questions.

+1

Botox is a paralytic agent. When an effect is caused by a muscle, it is possible to make a difference with botulinum toxin. The lines on the arms are often caused by sun damage in the skin and not the result of muscle activity. So no, Botox will not make a difference for this.

Botox for the arms / Botox para los brazos

+1

Botox for the wrinkles of your arms is not worth wasting your money on.  Not only is it an off label use.  But it DOESN’T WORK!  There are some modalities that will work to help reduce the wrinkles on your arms.  The Exilis machine does a fair job depending on how bad the wrinkles are.

Good luck and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD FACS

Botox para las arrugas del brazo no compensa el gasto financiero. No solo no es adecuado como no trabaja! Hay otras opciones para reducir las arrugas del brazo. El Exilis por ejemplo le puede dar un buen resultado dependiendo de que tan malas se vean las arrugas.

Suerte y gracia por la pregunta.

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Axillary hyperhidrosis and Botox

+1

Axillary hyperhidrosis of the armpits can be improved with Botox, however, we do not use Botox for wrinkles on the upper arm. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Botox on arms for wrinkling

+1

No, this is NOT a good idea. Botox inhibits muscle movement and the wrinkling on your arms is from sun damage, not muscle movement. You need to wear sunscreen every single day - that will make the biggest difference. And absolutely do not have Botox injected into your arms.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD