Is It Okay to Go Club Dancing at 11 Weeks Post Op from Tummy Tuck

I went to a club to celebrate my BF b-day on saturday and when i woke up on sunday my lower abdomen was swollen. It feels squishy. Should I be concerned?

Okay to Go Club Dancing at 11 Weeks Post Op from Tummy Tuck?

+1

Regarding: "Is It Okay to Go Club Dancing at 11 Weeks Post Op from Tummy Tuck
I went to a club to celebrate my BF b-day on saturday and when i woke up on sunday my lower abdomen was swollen. It feels squishy. Should I be concerned
?"

By 4-6 weeks after a Tummy Tuck the vast majority of women can return to full normal activities, including clubbing. This does not mean that occasionally complications cannot supervene by "over-doing" things.

The "squishy" feeling you are referring to MAY be either swelling (which should resolve on its own especially if a compression garment is worn and you give it the rest time it needs) but it can also mean a fluid (seroma) or blood collection (hematoma) which may happen due to a torn muscle repair stitch or pulling of the skin away from the muscle. Your surgeon needs to examine you and advise you. In the meantime, nix the clubbing.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Swelling after TT, 11 weeks post op

+1

At 11 weeks out, most patients are able to resume exercise and other normal activities.  It's unlikely that you did any damage by dancing the night away at the club!

If the swelling persists, please check with your surgeon to make sure you don't have a small seroma or late-onset hematoma.

Good luck with your recovery!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Squishy tummy 11 weeks after abdominoplasty

+1

Many patients notice swelling of the lower abdomen after surgery, especially when they have been very active.

I do think, however, that you should see your surgeon to make sure you have not developed a fluid collection that would require drainage.

Otherwise, at 11 weeks I would encourage you to be active - have fun dancing!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after tummy tuck

+1

Typically I'll recommend that my patients limit their strenuous activied for six weeks after their surgery.  Anything before then is pretty aggressive.  Remember that you want your tissues to heal very well before just getting up and moving on.  If you do your own thing despite recommendations then you run the risk of a widened scar or the wound opening up since you didn't pay attention.

good luck!

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Going clubbing after a tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck is a safe and effective way to contour the abdomen, create a tight waist, and remove extra skin, fat, and stretch marks. Patients who receive the surgery should understand that there is a significant recovery process afterwards. In our practice, we provide the patient's with two garments that will provide support and help manage postoperative swelling. Patients appreciate these garments as it helps them reach their goal more quickly and also provide welcome support.

The return to full activity depends on how your body has recuperated from the surgery and exactly what was performed during your procedure. Although 11 weeks after your surgery should be enough time, your best bet is to give your plastic surgeon a quick phone call and make sure that they agree as well. Either way have a great time on Saturday!

Pat Pazmino, MD

11 weeks post-op tummy tuck

+1

Usually by 11 weeks you are "free" to go to anything.  Remember that swelling will increase after alot of activity.

Enjoying your tummy tuck: dancing

+1

You should be fine dancing 11 weeks after tummy tuck. However the squishy part does not sound right. Schedule a follow ip appointment with your plastic surgeon if it takes more than 24 hours to dissipate.

Dancing after a tummy tuck

+1

Certainly at almost 3 months after a tummy tuck it would be fine to go dancing.  You should have no activity restrictions at that time.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Dancing after a TT

+1

I do not think you have done any harm to your TT results.  At eleven weeks you  should be able to dance the night away.  Your tissues, however, will swell with physical exertion for several more months.  This tendency will eventually disappear.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Go ahead and dance

+1

Most of my patients are able to resume vigorous activity six seeks after tummy tuck. That being said, you will still have some swelling even 11 weeks post op. If it doesn't resolve in a few days return to your surgeon for a quick check. It's uncommon, but some patients can accumulate a little pocket of swelling fluid. If it's a significant amount of fluid your surgeon may wish to aspirate it.

Mark Preston, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon