Is It Okay to Go Club Dancing at 11 Weeks Post Op from Tummy Tuck

I went to a club to celebrate my BF b-day on saturday and when i woke up on sunday my lower abdomen was swollen. It feels squishy. Should I be concerned?

Swelling after TT, 11 weeks post op

At 11 weeks out, most patients are able to resume exercise and other normal activities.  It's unlikely that you did any damage by dancing the night away at the club!

If the swelling persists, please check with your surgeon to make sure you don't have a small seroma or late-onset hematoma.

Good luck with your recovery!

Squishy tummy 11 weeks after abdominoplasty

Many patients notice swelling of the lower abdomen after surgery, especially when they have been very active.

I do think, however, that you should see your surgeon to make sure you have not developed a fluid collection that would require drainage.

Otherwise, at 11 weeks I would encourage you to be active - have fun dancing!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after tummy tuck

Typically I'll recommend that my patients limit their strenuous activied for six weeks after their surgery.  Anything before then is pretty aggressive.  Remember that you want your tissues to heal very well before just getting up and moving on.  If you do your own thing despite recommendations then you run the risk of a widened scar or the wound opening up since you didn't pay attention.

good luck!

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

11 weeks post-op tummy tuck

Usually by 11 weeks you are "free" to go to anything.  Remember that swelling will increase after alot of activity.

Enjoying your tummy tuck: dancing

You should be fine dancing 11 weeks after tummy tuck. However the squishy part does not sound right. Schedule a follow ip appointment with your plastic surgeon if it takes more than 24 hours to dissipate.

Dancing after a tummy tuck

Certainly at almost 3 months after a tummy tuck it would be fine to go dancing.  You should have no activity restrictions at that time.

Dancing after a TT

I do not think you have done any harm to your TT results.  At eleven weeks you  should be able to dance the night away.  Your tissues, however, will swell with physical exertion for several more months.  This tendency will eventually disappear.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Go ahead and dance

Most of my patients are able to resume vigorous activity six seeks after tummy tuck. That being said, you will still have some swelling even 11 weeks post op. If it doesn't resolve in a few days return to your surgeon for a quick check. It's uncommon, but some patients can accumulate a little pocket of swelling fluid. If it's a significant amount of fluid your surgeon may wish to aspirate it.

Mark Preston, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Dancing after a tummy tuck

Most of your body is healed after 6 weeks so if OK with your surgeon, dancing (and most other activity) after 11 weeks should be fine.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Recovery After Tummy Tuck

Most plastic surgeons will clear you to slowly resume activity as tolerated 5-6 weeks after surgery.  If you are 11 weeks after tummy tuck surgery, it should be fine to go dancing.  It is not uncommon to patients to experience swelling in their abdomen after strenuous activity.  This should subside.  However, if you feel like you may have some fluid in your lower abdomen, perhaps you may have a fluid collection/seroma.  Please visit with your Plastic Surgeon for a postop check up.  For the swelling, I would recommend wearing your compression garments.