Closing a Gap Between my Teeth Without Braces? (photo)

i have a little gap between my teeth what could i do to close the gap besides getting braces, im 21 and really dont want to have to get braces for the gap, what would u recommend? thank you.

Invisalign Would Close that Gap in a Heartbeat

+1

Really your best option would be some form of orthodontics, and this is definitely something that can be done with Invisalign.

Trying to fix and orthodontic problem with dental work usually results in a compromise that no one is happy with. Given the shape of your upper incisors cosmetic bonding would make them look more squarish, so moving the teeth would be a far better way to close the space. Fortunately, there are lots of options for doing this without traditional braces.

Allentown Orthodontist

Cosmetic Bonding may Work for You

+1

It is really hard to tell from your picture exactly what the problem is in your case.  If you have a small space between your upper front teeth that concerns you cosmetically, consider having it bonded by a dentist experienced in cosmetic dentistry.  This can be accomplished without tooth preparation so if in the future you decide to have the orthodontics, it can be removed having caused no harm to the underlying tooth structure.

My guess is that you have a muscle attachment running between those teeth so if you want a permanent solution without adding material to your teeth, consider having a frenectomy followed by some short term orthodontics to close the gap.  Clear aligner therapy can be used to accomplish this and at 21, you will be happy as they are virtually unnoticeable to your friends.

Good Luck!

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist