Swelling 11 Months After Closed Rhinoplasty

I received a closed rhinoplasty and which included improvement in my breathing. Its been 11 months, I still see signifant swelling in my face, bridge, tip, my nose does not look as refined as it did before. I also sound nasaly when I speak, my mom keeps telling me I sound like Im speaking from my nose. I am concerned because I was told the significant amount of healing should have already taken place by now. I dont know what to expect at this point.

Swelling 11 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should be congratulated for being patient while observing post-op healing. Your nose is not going to change significantly in the future.  Consult with your surgeon and I strongly suggest getting a second opinion from another physician.

Persistent Nose Swelling 11 months after Nose Surgery SHOULD be looked into

+1

Your swelling, especially intranasal swelling should have resolved by now. You should see your surgeon and have him examine you. If the information is unsatisfactory consider getting a second opinion from another nose surgeon.

Dr. Aldea

Swelling 11 Months After Rhinoplasty....Not From Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Lilymango,

At 11 months following rhinoplasty, whatever is going on with your nose is not due to swelling from the surgery.  You should discuss this with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  You may also consider consulting with a few rhinoplasty specialists for other opinions about your nose.  Your breathing passages should also be examined. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Continued swelling and nasal speech after rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Lily,

You should have had majority of your swelling resolved by now. You should bring your concerns of prolonged swelling and nasal speech to your surgeon.

Also, please consider getting a second opinion and having inside of your nose evaluated by a rhinoplasty specialist that has experience and training in evaluation of nasal obstruction.

Hope this was helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Prolonged swelling after nose job

+1

It is true that the vast majority of swelling should have subsided by this point in time. I would also advise that you return to your surgoen or obtain a second opinion.

You should be close to your final result 11 months after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

If you're concerned by the appearance of your nose, you should bring these concerns to the attention of your surgeon. After that evaluation, consider getting a second opinion from a board-certified rhinoplasty specialist.

If you have a nasal quality to your voice along with nose and facial swelling, you should get evaluated for nasal allergy, nasal obstruction, or chronic sinusitis. A board-certified ENT should help you shed some light on these concerns.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon