I don't like the bump on my nose. Is closed Rhinoplasty possible for me? (photo)

I've hated the bump on my nose for a very long time and I'm hoping to have Rhinoplasty in the future when I am able to afford it. I also hate how the tip of my nose is pointed upwards and wondered what would have to be done to bring it down, or will it naturally fall in place once the hump is removed?

Close rhinoplasty for hump reduction and bring the tip downwards

+2
The rhinoplasty procedure can be performed to take down the dorsal hump and rotate the tip downwards. A nasal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be shaved down in order to give a new profile. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required as well. For many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the links below to our closed rhinoplasty  photo gallery

Tension Nose

+1
You have a typical tension nose. It needs not only the nasal hump reduced but also the base (nasal spine) where the septum rests has to be reduced to adequately bring down the tip. 
Regards
Dr J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump

+1
Thanks for sharing your images.
You will need more than just a dorsal hump reduction to achieve the goals you desire.
I wouldn't get to concerned about whether it is a closed or open approach, as your surgeon will go through that with you.
Having said that, I would recommend an open approach.
Gives the best view of the anatomy.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Closed or open?

+1
Good question.  This is very surgeon dependent.  My personal opinion is that open is the only way I can fully balance the nose.  Even a hump reduction has consequences on the rest of the nose. It's the final result that counts, not the surgical method.

Good luck.

Peter Callan, MBBS
Geelong Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for a balanced face.

+1
Rhinoplasty and chin implant for a balanced face. This can be done closed with or without tip work. See before/ after results from experienced surgeons for a natural look. 

Closed Rhinoplasty for Removal of Nasal Hump

+1
Your goals can be achieved using the closed rhinoplasty approach. Also consider a chin implant which will improve lower facial balance.

I don't like the bump on my nose. Is closed Rhinoplasty possible for me?

+1
    A closed rhinoplasty approach could be used to remove the hump and alter the tip position.