Closed Rhinoplasty 8 Mths Ago my Bridge is Now Wider

Hi, I had a closed Rhinoplasty 7 months ago to narrow my wide bridge and the tip. The tip looks great but my bridge is much wider than it was before surgery especially between my eyes. I spoke to my doctor and he said it will not get any better now I need a revision? What did he do to my nose to make it wider? He told me he just moved the nasal bones closer and he does not believe in chiselling the nose. I am so upset. He said he could try a revision. I paid over 15000$ so upset.

Wider Bridge 8 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

You do not describe exactly what was done during your rhinoplasty, but there are 2 possible expanations for the apparent increased width of your nose after rhinoplasty. If a hump was removed and the nasal bones not mobilized, an open roof deformity may be present. If there is increased convexity of the nasal bones, intermediate osteotomies are necessary to change the contour of those bones. A minor revision may be necessary.

Wide nasal bridge after rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds as if you either developed an open roof deformity or the bones have splayed or lateralized during the healing process. In either case, the revision should be relatively straight forward to narrow the bones back into position. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty issue

+1

It really depends upon what was done.  Sometimes the nose looks wider after a bump is taken down.  If thebones are brought it, this usually narrows it, but you are limited by how narrow you can  make it.

Wider bridge 8 months after Rhinoplasty, now what?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, if the bridge is wide at 8 months, the nasal bones are displaced and/or you have an open roof deformity that's created by removing the nasal bone hump without laterally breaking the bones (osteotomies) which moves them towards the midline.  This closies the space between the top of the nasal bones created by removing the bony hump.  You may want to have a few consultations for second opinion regarding ostetotomy during revision Rhinoplasty.

Bridge is wider after rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible to leave the bridge wider after rhinoplasty with hump reduction. As the bridge is lowered the effect can be like taking the top off of a triangle. If the bone is not adequately fractured or released over the top of the nasal bridge the in-fracture may not close the bridge and leave the bridge wide and flat. This is more common up between the eyes where the bone is thicker and less easily fractured. Revision may be your answer.

peterejohnsonmd