Closed rhinoplasty 3 mos 20 days ago & nose is tilted- should it be this uneven and and asymmetrical? (photo)

I had two nasal grafts put in to create a nice tip and correct the droopy one that i had, but the right side (left in the pic) has the graft coming more forward when i put my finger in my nose to measure it, and it looks tilted and very uneven.

Closed rhinoplasty 3 mos 20 days ago & nose is tilted- should it be this uneven and and asymmetrical?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Closed rhinoplasty with the symmetry.

+1

It takes 6 to 12 months for the nose to heal. Often it appears asymmetrical due to swelling and therefore a judgment cannot be made at four months. Return to your surgeon at 10 to 12 months and decide whether anything needs to be done or not.

Crooked Nose

+1

Hi,

It does look a little off center. It looks like it may be a crooked dorsal graft. Difficult to say without examining it.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS