Closed Rhinoplasty - Hard Bump at the bottom of the eye where it meets the nose? (photos)

Had closed Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty 2 months ago. The doctor did a tip graft and cephalic trim for my bulbous tip. No breaking bones, rasping etc. I noticed a bump near my right eye after removing stitches, it is more like a HARD rectangular rod from the eye to the middle of the inside nose, does not hurt. He asked to massage it and it could be blot clot. However I do not see any improvement now after 2 months. I think my doctor is pretty good, but I would very much like a second opinion.

Most likely result of an osteotomy

+1
I would make sure your doctor did not perform osteotomies at the time of surgery, this seems to be the most likely explanation. Its a weird location for anything else to account for the lump, especially if it is hard. This can be corrected with a repeat oseotomy perhaps.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Bump Near the Eye After Closed Rhinoplasty

+1
It certainly looks like an abnormal contour from a lateral osteotomy. However, you say there was no breaking of the bone. So it is very perplexing. You would have to rely on your surgeon to get to the bottom of this.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1
The bump you describe is often where the bones are cut. Check again with your surgeon whether or not this was done. 

Ronald Schuster, MD

Hard bump on the side of the nose after rhinoplasty

+1
You say you did not have a lateral osteotomy, or fracture, though the bump in your photo seems to lie along the line where such a fracture is made. Your surgeon will have the best insights as to why the bump might be there.

Bump After Rhinoplasty

+1
Being that you didn't have an in fracture of the nasal bones, it is difficult to say with only pictures the etiology of the nasal bump on the right side of your nose. Consult and trust your surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon