I Am Having Closed Rhinoplasty to Correct a Residual Hump in Three Weeks. Should I Hold Off?

I am still recovering from dry socket from a wisdom tooth extraction and I have acid reflux. My os said it would be fine but I am nervous about having the breathing tube. Does it sound safe or should I hold off.

Delay surgery or not

+2

Thank you for the question. I think you need to discuss that again with your surgeon. If you are very concerned it would not hurt to delay the surgery few day or even few weeks till you recover. Best wishes

Revision Rhinopasty 3+ Weeks after Dental Work

+1

You should be fine but ask your rhinoplasty surgeon and oral surgeon. Without examining you and following your progress it is impossible for us to answer your question.

+1

You should discuss this with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon but if your in pain from dental work what's the rush?

Rhinoplasty with a dry socket and acid reflux

+1

Hi,

I dont think that your acid reflux and dry tooth socket should have too much impact on your rhinplasty results. As long as you are comfortable with your surgeons advice, I think its ok to go ahead.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS