I just recently had a closed reduction of a nasal fracture?

Its been about 2 weeks since the surgery. My nose really only needed straightened out and the bone raised a little. Well I noticed that the bridge of my nose (where my eyebrows meet my nose) is still a little indented (when it broke it was hit down) I was wondering, will this fill out in time? Is my nose still healing or is it pretty much done?

+1

The nose can be swollen for quite a while after reduction of a fracture.

Closed Reduction 2 Weeks Post Op

+1

At this point you still have swelling.  It is too soon to know what the final result will be. Follow your Plastic Surgeon's follow up instructions as he will guide your through recovery.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

2 WEEKS POST REDUCTION

+1

It is hard to assess the results of the procedure this early. Typically it takes several weeks for the swelling to subside. Please wait at least that long to evaluate your nose. In that time, make sure you see your doctor so that he/she can give you advice and recommendations.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD