Closed Nasal Reduction 4 Weeks Ago, And A Bump Is Forming Where I Fractured My Nose. Is It Permanent?

Hi I have had septorhinoplasty 10 years ago and broke my nose again this past month. I went to plastic surgeon to see if I can skip closed reduction and get a septorhinoplasty. In the end the fact that insurance will in no way pay for the rhinoplasty, we decided to try the closed reduction. The nose looks good however there is a tiny bump forming on the right side of my nose where the fracture took place. It feels hard. Will this go away? If not, will insurance cover a minor rasping procedure?

+1

Closed nasal reduction is completely ineffective, IMO, and the best way to deal with any nasal fracture resulting in aesthetic deformities, is a Rhinoplasty.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Bump where fracture was

+1

In all likelihood this is the wya the bone is healing. More than likely you will have to wait 6 months or longer before having that area shaved a bit.

Bump Following Closed Reduction of Nasal Fracture

+1

Wait several months to see if the bump does resolve. If not, rasping will probably correct the problem. Your surgeon's office will help you determine if the insurance company will cover the procedure.