How Can I Get This to Close Up? (photo)

I had my nose pierced for 3 years and I have had the nose ring out for also 3 years now. It is completely closed up on the inside of my nostril. It's just the top part of my nostril that isn't.

How to repair persistent nasal piercing?

If the piercing tract has not healed in three years, you will require a small scar revision during which the skin that has healed into the piercing will be removed. The small hole will then be repaired with a couple of sutures. This typically leads to a permanent repair of the piercing hole. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Can I Get This to Close Up?

Even whayt appears as a minor defect can take a surgery to correct. I might try a punch of 1 mm size to see if this closed up. Otherwise a small excision with layered closure is another option. But be sure that a scar could form///