How can I close my small gap after Braces? (photo)

I just got my braces off and I have a small gap in between my top front teeth. I hate it! and I want it to be completely straight like it's suppose to be. Does it eventually close? Will my retainer make it close or do I need surgery?

How can I close my small gap after Braces?

+1
That small "gap" is actually supposed to be there. It is called an "incisal embrasure" and helps give your teeth definition and form as well as a youthful appearance. Teeth without incisal embrasures are excessively worn which is usually a sign of aging. If you absolutely insist on eliminating the embrasure, the best way to do it is with composite bonding. Your teeth are beautiful!

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist