I Can't Close my Right Eye? (photo)

Five days ago i had my double lid surgery. The stitches were removed 3 days after the surgery, but since the first day i can't close my right eye. That's driving me crazy and also this eye is strange. I see things blurried so i'm afraid the surgery is done wrong. When i try to close my eye i fell tight. So i'm really depresses i can't even sleep. I want to re op faster because i even think in beauty now.

I can't close my eyes after Asian eyelid surgery

+1
this is a very early stage and your healing and this small gap the you see here is not unusual.

More than likely by the end of one to 2 weeks you should be just fine.  Also tried to relaxer for head.  This issue that your having is due to a combination of swelling, the sutures still being in place, and orbicularis muscle being temporarily week from the surgery.  You should do just fine.  However, all that being said you should always follow up closely with your surgeon to ensure that you he'll normally.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not unsual!!

+1

Please be patient as you eyelid muscle function recovers. As the swelling resolves and your muscle function recovers, and the scar softens, the eyelid closure will improve.

The biggest mistakes patients make is having revision surgery too early, before the results of the initial surgery have finalized.

Be patient and discuss this with your surgeon. You need his/her reassurance.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon