How Much Does Clitorral Hood Reduction (Alone) Cost?

my hood covers my clitoris and it's really uncomfortable. my lips do not bother me. it's my oversized clitoris that bothers me. can you tell me how much the total cost would be to reduce the size of my clitoris?

Clitoromegaly vs. Clitoral hood redundancy

First we need to make the right diagnosis. If you have enlargement of the actual clitoris, this needs a hormonal evaluation by your gyn, plastic surgeon, and/or endocrinologist. If you have excess tissue above the clitoris, then a clitoral hood reduction alone can be performed. This probably would be in the range of $3000 in my office in Orlando, FL.
Some (courageous) doctors perform clitoral reduction and clitoropexy (lifting) surgeries. I am too "scared" to injure the clitoral/pudendal nerves in that area, so I limit my procedures to labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction. Make sure you have a true PRO at clitoris surgery before you proceed. I am not one of those.

Clitoral Hood Reduction (a.k.a. Hoodectomy)

If done correctly, reduction of the clitoral hood can be a very satisfying procedure for patients.  In this case, patients experience better clitoral stimulation during sexual activity and thus a better overall sexual experience and are more likely to orgasm as well.  When performed as an isolated procedure, I charge $3500.  I recommend only consulting wit a board certified plastic surgeon specialist in this area.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Clittoral hood reduction

I do not recommend clittoral hood reductions since this has the potential to affect the sensitivity of the clittoris.  I have also heard of a patient who had a hood reduction and then had unsolicited orgasms during normal activities.  In my humble opinion, this is a procedure I avoid.  Best of luck.

Clitoral hood reduction

The clitoral hood is the skin above the labia minora and the skin that overlies the head of the clitoris. The type of hood reduction depends on the patients anatomy and desires. I routinely remove the sides of the clitoral hood with a labia minora reduction if there is excess tissue.  If the skin overlies the head or glans of the clitoris, that can be reduced. If the patient has a very large, protuberant, long, wide clitoral hood, there is a procedure called a clitoropexy with a clitoral hood reduction.  With this procedure, I lift up the clitoral hood skin, move the clitoris closer to the pubic bone, thin the tissues under the clitoral hood skin, and then remove a large amount of excess skin. This results in a dramatic decrease in the length, thickness, and protuberance of the clitoral hood, so that the hood is now within the labia majora when the woman stands. I have performed this procedure over 200 times.  The cost depends on your anatomy and what needs to be done.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Clitoral reduction

In order to provide an accurate price, a better idea of your concerns is a must achieved through an exam or photos.  Regardless, assuming its just your hood, if done in my office under local, the price would be less then $2000, and even less if the amount of tissue was really minimal.

Curtis Wong, MD