Is My Clitoris Too Exposed? Please HELP!

After labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction 2 days ago, it seems my clit is too exposed and is rubbing on my clothes and every time I go to te toilet it is so sensitive. I didn't want this. I'm hoping when the swelling goes down it will sit in nicely. Has anyone experienced this? PLEASE HELP! I can't put up with this forever, and am so so worried. Alternatively - is there such surgery to make the clit hood LARGER? Help! Thanks

+1

Swelling plays a factor early in healing.  The swelling should peak at bout 3 to 5 days after surgery and then improve.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction Los Angeles

+1

Clitoral hood reduction and clitoral exposure are related.  Most likely, at this early juncture, the clitoral show is related to postoperative edema and will likely resolve with time.  If it doesn't, then a revision should be performed. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Clitoral hood exposure after labiaplasty?

+1

It is very important for you to be patient and allow the healing process to take place. It takes a good 3 - 6 months for all the swelling to go down.  There are procedures that can be done if this continues to be a problem, but again I encourage you to be patient.

Jennifer L. Harrington MD

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Alter is one of the best

+1

and as he says, be patient and things may heal as you desire.  If not, there are procedures out there to 'fix' things. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Clitoris exposure

+1

Your appearance will change in the next 3-6  months. If your clitoris is too exposed there are some techniques which can be used to cover it.  I have done this coverage many times when I have seen women who have had this complaint after reductions done by other physicians. 

Gary J. Alter, MD