Is a clitoral hood reduction necessary?

I'm getting a labiaplasty (reduction of labia minora) and my doctor recommended a hood reduction cause he said there was too much skin. However, that part doesn't really bother me and have no problems sexually other than my labia getting in the way or bothering me with underwear/pants. Should I get it done since he suggested it?

Labiaplasty and Optional Clitoral Hood Reduction

Women who undergo labia minora reduction for the treatment of irritation and discomfort sometimes have excess skin at the clitoral hood that does not suffer from these issues. Nonetheless, treatment with simple labiapasty will result in the clitoral hood region appearing even larger because of the newly created contrast between the two areas. It will be an issue of aesthetics rather than of medical symptoms. Leaving the hood reduction for a later time is an option that would allow you to make a better choice if you are undecided.

Jersey City Cosmetic Gynecologist