Hot Climate and Travel After Tummy Tuck?

8 weeks post op with normal surgery and recovery. No complications. I was 4lbs up from pre surgery weight and arrived in a tropical location this week and my weight jumped up 5lbs in a week and I feel very swollen. I am more active and it is very hot and humid. Is the weight gain swelling related? Am I doing damage?

8 weeks after tummy tuck and travel to hot climate

There is still swelling in the abdominal area 8 weeks after a tummy tuck. Exercise and increased activity that occurs during travel will most certainly increase swelling. If you wear a good compression garment this should reduce the swelling.  Also wearing compression garments in hot climates can cause you to over heat and be very uncomfortable. Try a light weight garment. Prolonged swelling, prolongs recovery but should not cause any damage.  

Montclair Plastic Surgeon