5 Weeks Post Op Tummy Tuck - Cold Sweats During Exercise? (photo)

I am a runner, super active before my TT - am 5 weeks po from uneventful full TT w/repair. Surgeon said I could start light exercise this week - been sticking to a bike. After about 25-35 min of VERY VERY low level of exercise, start to feel light headed, cold sweats, almost like low blood sugar. When this starts, I stop and recover within 5 mins (and go home). What is doing this? I don't believe it is calorie related and, as I said, I am not in pain. Appreciate guidance. Thanks!

Patients may not be claimed for energy for weeks after abdominoplasty.

+1

In abdominoplasty is a substantial operation. The body dedicates most of its energy to the healing process. Often times this is accompanied by listlessness. Also check to make sure that you are not anemic.

Need to have a medical evaluation prior to exercising since you are having problems

+1

There are several possibilities causing your lightheadedness following your abdominoplasty.  You should be evaluated by your surgeon and possibly have your blood count checked.  In any event you need to be evaluated prior to exercising again.  

Exercise after a tummy tuck

+1

It sounds like you might need to wait a little while before resuming exercise.  If you're at all concerned, check back with your plastic surgeon to make sure everything is ok.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Problems during Exercise 5 Weeks after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Based on the  limited pictures, it appears that your plastic surgeon has a  done a nice job for you. He will be your best resource when it comes to providing specific/precise answers to your questions.

My best guess to explain your symptoms is that patients who undergo tummy tuck surgery will always have a limited energy level 5  weeks postoperatively. In other words, I'm not surprised that you find yourself fatigued  30 min. into exercise.  Your symptoms may be your body's way of telling you to go slower.

It is not uncommon for patients and plastic surgeons to underestimate the amount of recovery time associated with tummy tuck surgery. It may take several months before you are  back to full activity.

Again, best to check with your plastic surgeon for more precise answers.