Did I Go Big Enough? I Wanted to Get the Result I Wanted the First Time Around.

I am 5ft 3in 118 lbs. I was a 32 or 34b post op and i wanted to become a full c cup. I got 280cc saline high profile implants under the muscle. I am 4 months post op and was told not to measure my bra size until 6 months because thats the final result. Is this true please help! I am wanted to get the result right the first time!

Wait six months before making a judgment about the size of your breast implants.

+2

Most women who have undergone breast augmentation wish they had gone a bit bigger in retrospect. It takes about six months to become psychologically adjusted to the changes brought around by breast augmentation. If your breasts are soft and natural after six months I would strongly suggest you leave them alone.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

Big Enough is Subjective

+2

Women who choose to have a breast augmentation need to individually determine what is big enough, or conversely, what is too big. This is an aesthetic and personal choice. I encourage you to look at yourself in the mirror in several different types of clothes- professional attire, casual attire, gym clothes, and bathing suits and ask yourself "how do I look?" Although tempting, don't allow a bra cup size to determine if you are big enough.

Breast implant size

+1

This is certainly a conversation that you want to have with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery so that your expectations are met.  

+1

Instead of focusing on bra cup size, focus on how you look. Without more information (or a picture) it is hard to say if you could have gone bigger. But going bigger is not always a good idea, especially with saline implants. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing to Achieve your goals

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com