Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel Use with Retin a Gel .25?

hi, im currently using retin a every other days and with clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel..the moisturizer is gel form which make my face not greasy..the product is only said oil free and non acnegedic but doesn't have non-condogedic..im wondering if it still safe and good for my oily acne prone skin?

Using A Moisturizer With Retin-A (Tretinoin) Gel

+1

Moisturizers can be used AFTER Retin-A (tretinoin) is applied to the skin but why not switch to the cream form of Retin-A instead of the gel so it will be less drying to your skin and you may not require a moisturizer, The major drawbacks to Retin-A (tretinoin) is local irritation and redness that can limit its use in some patients. Inflammation and peeling are experienced by most patients when they begin tretinoin therapy. Although these reactions subside after a few weeks, many patients will not tolerate the initial peeling and redness. Therapy should start with a lower concentration to minimize irritation and redness.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/obagi-medical-systems/#tretinoin

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Moisturizer and Retin A

+1

Oil-free and non-acnegenic is fine for oily skin.  I do have to mention that a number of my patients have reported more breakouts when they started using Dramatically Different moisturizer.

Also, if your skin is oily and acne-prone, you probably don't need a moisturizer.  Retin A 0.1% gel can be drying, but now that we are in a warmer and more humid time of the year, you might find you do fine without a moisturizer altogether. 

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon