How Do I Use Clindamycin and Retin-A at the Same Time?

At night when I am supposed to be using both what is the order I should apply, if I should wash my face, and how long I should wait before a specific application?

Clindamycin and Retin-A for acne

+3

When you first start using these treatments, start slowly and alternate them.  Wash with a gentle cleanser and dry your face, wait about 10 minutes if you have the time, use the clindamycin one night and the Retin-A the next night.  They can both be somewhat drying and irritating, so starting slowly will build up a tolerance to them.  Once you are tolerating the treatment, wash and dry your face, apply the clindamycin, let it dry, and then apply the Retin-A.  You can apply an oil-free moisturizer or sunscreen in the morning.

Toronto Dermatologist