Invisalign Clincheck Video: Can Canines be Better Placed?

I put my clincheck video on youtube to see if i can get some advice. As professionals do you think its ok?

Should i ask them to do anything or is it fine like it is?  I am not sure if they can move the canines a little down and trim the ends. Any suggestions?

Invisalign Clin-Check

+3

From what I can see, the projected outcome appears to be within acceptable limits and the tooth movement sequence realistic. Both aligners and conventional braces are designed to change the positionof teeth, not their shape. One of the limitations to getting an absolutely "perfect" bite and alignment of the teeth is variation in tooth shape and size. So, orthodontic treatment plans often include tooth recontouring or alteration in tooth size. My guess is that your orthodonitst will be amenable to listening to your concerns and giving you an idea of the way(s) in which they can be addressed.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Invisalign clincheck

+3

It isn't possible to really see the details of your clincheck from the video you posted, but the final result looks fine. If you have questions about the details be sure to speak with your Invisalign provider about them.  He/she is your best resource to attend to fine details of your treatment.  Also, remember that the actual true final posiiton of your teeth may not be exactly what the Clincheck predicts.  Regardless, I know you will be thrilled with the transformation of your smile!

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist

Clincheck looks great.

+3

Hi Piolola,

It depends by what you mean by better placed? 

From what I can see, it looks like a pretty good treatment! 

That being said, if there is some outcome that you desire, that you don't see in the clincheck, definitely bring it up with your dentist.  

In either case you must be very excited to get started; your smile is going to be transformed!

Best!

Dr. Alper

Steve Alper, DMD
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Adjusting Clinchecks

+2

I love meeting with my patient to view the clincheck together so we can discuss things like this prior to approving it. Once it is approved the trays are being manufactured. Altering the final desired result after can add time to the overall treatment and sometimes can add cost depending on your contract with your doctor..

Hopefully, your doctor hasn't approved it yet if you still have concerns. I think what you are asking is a cosmetic preference and not unreasonable and generally easily achieved. That said remember the clincheck is a "computer prediction of what the average human body will do". Also what I think you are asking for will likely happen naturally over time anyway with they way we use, naturally wear our teeth and how they respond.

Either way chat with your orthodontist and make sure there is discussion.

I'm so excited for you! Invisalign can get you as good as result as braces, IF you do as you are instructed. Be militant.

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

The clinchek looks good!

+2

I think that your treatment looks fine and your Dr is on top of things. Remember that Invisalign does not change the shape of your teeth just their position. At the end of your treatment your Dr can do enamelplasty and smooth the points on your canines a little. usually women dont like to have pointed canines.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist