Revision Tip Rhinoplasty to Make it Smaller? (photo)

Can anyone help & point me in the right direction. I need tip revision- close to what I had before but alittle smaller Angie Harmon? Is this possible? And anyone 6 hour driving distance from NY? Or can you do online consults? Must be revision expert, I'm so confused reading reviews, I think I've found someone & then I'm searching again!

Take a deep breath

+2

First of all, the ideal nose that you sent is probably over operated and may not stand the test of time.  It my twist as she ages.  Depending on how much of your tip cartilage was removed, the amount of scar tissue in your nose, the thickness of your skin and the strength of the underlying cartilages there are a number of narrowing techniques that can give your nose more definition.  I have attached a link.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+2

It is a  good idea to try to obtain your previous operative reports for visiting  your new  revision rhinoplasty surgeon. The bulbous tip can be addressed with tip suturing techniques and either a combination of cartilage grafting or removal depending upon the anatomy.

Nasal tips can be made smaller even in revision cases

+2

Believe it or not, adding grafts to the tip of your nose for revision surgery can actually make it look smaller. One of the reasons it looks bulbous are the deep creases between the tip and the nostrils. Supporting those creases can help make the tip look smaller. Of course a personal exam by a revision expert is important.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Revision Surgery

+2

Hi,

It looks like you have a persistent bulbous tip. You should consider an open rhinoplasty and cartilage reconstruction with grafts. See video links attached below.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision Tip Rhinoplasty to Make it Smaller?

+1

You skin envelope may be the limiting factor here.  It is very important that you get an honest appraisal by an expert.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA