My nose used to be perfect but was fractured, while consulting to repair the bridge. Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty? (photo)

My nose used to be perfect but was fractured, while consulting to repair the bridge, I asked if any other improvements could be made & he said he could shorten it , well now my tip is bulbous and I have been unhappy because people tell me, I ruined my perfect nose, it's been 13 years, I searching for a good Doctor for a revision, ( my side view is nice, my bridge has a small defect) Please Help

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty options

+2

From your photos I can see how your tip does appear quite rounded.

Your tip should be able to be refined using advanced rhinoplasty techniques. You can check out my web reference link below to read more about some of the ways bulbous tip rhinoplasty can be done.

Good candidate for tip rhinoplasty.

+2

The overall appearance of the nose is pretty good. There some fullness to the tip but the skin is not excessively thick. I think you get a good result from a tip rhinoplasty. Video imaging will give you a good idea what to expect.

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty?

+1

Assuming that the issue is not just a skin issue due to skin thickening, the bulbous tip should be amenable to further refinement.  The dent at the supratip can be improved as well through a closed approach.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty?

+1

From the photos provide, it appears that the nasal cartilage bridge was over-resected wiyh an indentation on the right side.  The nasal tip is wide and over-rotated with what appears excess scar tissue blunting the nasal tip.  This can be refined with a Revision Rhinoplasty.

Bulbous nose tip revision

+1
Evolution in plastic surgery is in general a gradual process with an occasional major breakthrough, such as lasers or injectables.  When I began my plastic surgery training in the 80's most rhinoplasties were performed in a closed technique ( no external incisions). From our experience correcting the nasal deformity related to cleft lips more and more rhinoplasties were performed open, exposing the tip and dorsum to allow better visualization . This resulted in improved techniques to create a more appealing nasal tip. In your case an open tip rhinoplasty would be a reasonable approach to obtain a less bulbous appearance to your tip.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It looks to me like your bridge is crooked and the tip is round with a parentheses or U-shaped appearance. I suspect that a view from below would look like a cloverleaf. If the previous surgery incompletely corrected the bridge deviation crushed cartilage grafts may get you the rest of the way there and fix the bridge defect at the same time. Increasing the angle of divergence between the tip cartilages usually resolves the parentheses appearance.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD