Clicking in Tip of Nose After Rhinoplasty - What Caused This?

I'm one year post-op rhinoplasty. I can move the tip of my nose back in forth and hear and feel it clicking. Is this normal? Is there anything wrong, as in will this cause any problems in the future? Is there anything minor that can be done to correct this and would it be necessary? I don't want to go back under the knife but it bothers me a little. I even noticed it clicking when I was kissing my boyfriend the other day and we nudged noses a few times. Thanks in advance.

Clicking noise after Rhinoplasty

+1

Even though this noise may bother you unless there is something wrong with the way it looks you probably have nothing to worry about. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Clicking Nasal Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

The noise is secondary to tip cartilages or tip grafts rubbing against each other or  the bone at the base of your nose. Unless this is very dictracting, leave it alone. Your surgeon can give you an exact explanation and  describe alternative treatments because he/she knows  what was done at the time of your surgery.

Clicking of nose after rhinoplasty

+1

A clicking that you feel may be the result of a columella strut that was placed for nasal support hitting the anterior nasal spine at the base of the graft.  That is, if this was used. Only an exam would help with figuring this out

Clicking after rhinoplasty

+1

This is usually caused by a cartilage graft which is placed between the medial crura of the lower lateral cartilages and not scar tissue. It may be too long and extend down to the nasal spine so when you move the tip of your nose you can feel and sometimes hear it. The graft can be trimmed from the inside of your nose and the symptoms usually disappear. If it's been a year and you still notice this it will probably not go away without surgery.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Clicking noise in nose 1 year after rhinoplasty is not a problem!

+1

As your tissues have healed over the past year, scar tissue has softened to the point that cartilages adjacent to one another can "click" as they slide and bump together. This is perhaps new after your surgical changes in your nose, but does not represent a problem at all. I would not recommend any type of surgical intervention to try to change this (and it might not even work, as your normal nose anatomy has cartilages adjacent to each other).

BTW, unless you mention it, your boyfriend probably can't even hear what you hear--you think it seems loud because you hear the clicking by bone conduction to your own ear. Kiss away and don't give this noise another thought!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty clicking

+1

Without knowing exactly what was done and if any type of cartilage or implants were used, it is hard to say. What you describe is most likely from cartilage or implant material movement. I would check with your surgeon, but if it is not bothersome I would leave it alone.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

What is Causing "Clicking" of Nose? or Avoiding Eskimo Kisses

+1

Hi Blue Eyes,

If your nose looks good, and you are breathing well, I would leave well enough alone.  The "clicking" can be from a number of things, your rhinoplasty surgeon could best answer what she/he thinks it is from their knowledge of what was done at the time of your operation.  Fortunately you don't live in Alaska where I hear the Eskimos like to kiss with their nose.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Clicking of Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

What you are probably experiencing is the clicking from a nasal strut or the medial footplate of the lower lateral cartilage or even the caudal end of the septum. Either way, this is not something to worry about and it may not be worth it to correct it.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS