3 Weeks Post Op Hearing A Clicking on Part of Implant, Is This the Valve?

I had under the muscle saline implants put in about three weeks ago. The Brand was Natrelle by Allergan, 65 mp ,300cc filled to 350cc. I feel a clicking or something when I touch/push the breast. The location in underneath and inner curve if the breast. Is this the valve? Is it going to rupture from this?

Clicking after breast augmentation not likely to be the valve

+1

Saline implants have a valve and a little valve cover.  The valve is within the wall of the implant and would not be a source of the clicking sensation.  The valve cover can move around but its tightly pulled onto the valve opening so it is also unlikely to be the source of the sensation.  Friction between your implant and the surrounding tissue as well as movement of the implant causing little fluid shifts in your pocket is the most likely culprit.  You are still early in your healing phase and this is likely to go away as you continue to heal.

Dr Repta

Noise from breast implants?

+1

It can take several months after having breast implants before all the swelling has resolved and all the fluid and air around the implant have been absorbed by the body.  During the this time, friction from the implant moving may make noise that sounds like clicking and rubbing. This is unlikely to result in a rupture of the implant.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

3 Weeks Post Op Hearing A Clicking on Part of Implant, Is This the Valve?Answer:

+1

Probably not the valve…it is probably just a fold in the implant that is causing the rubbing sensation…Most of us will feel in there after we pull the filler tube out , and seat the valve into place…it then lays flat against your tissue and is covered by breast tissue and/or muscle…..

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Noise After Breast Augmentation?

+1

It is not unusual for patients to hear noises  that appear to be emanating from their breast implants for the first  several weeks after surgery. This is usually related to a small amount of  residual fluid and/or air surrounding the breast implant.  This resolves with time.  I do not think that you're hearing the valve or that you are at a higher risk of implant leakage.

Clicking After Augmentation

+1

At the 3 week mark its still not uncommon to have air or a small amount of fluid still residing in the pocket where your implant was placed. The valve for a saline implant will reside directly behind the nipple. A crinkly feel could also be an under filled implant. Be patient for a few more weeks and see if it resolves.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon