Tuberous Breast Reconstruction, Suggestions on Corrective Surgery? (photo)

I'm 5'1/125lbs/36D (D on my left) I want to have corrective surgery on my asymmetrical/tuberous? breasts. My goals are smaller higher nipples and larger symmetrical ROUND breasts. I have a consult scheduled with a PS but would love feedback from anyone with experience in this type of surgery. Here are my questions: How would you go about correcting my condition? Will I have to have multiple surgeries to achieve my goals? Have you had luck having similar procedures covered by insurance? Thanks!

Tuberous Breast and Asymmetry

+2

It appears as though you have a tuberous breast on the right and an excessively large breast on the left.  Asymmetry such as this is not uncommon, and improvement is certainly attainable.  I would recommend a reduction/lift on your left breast, with an implant and lift on the right breast.  Depending on how large you want to be, these operations might be done all at once or staged.  If you are hoping for larger breasts, you may require a large implant on the right and in that case, it might be safer to stage the lift on that side so as not to shock the blood supply to the nipple.  If a smaller implant is used, a lift can be safely done at the same time, and the reduction on the left can be done with the right sided surgery at any time- as a single operation or at the time of the lift if the surgeries are staged.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast Reconstruction

+2

Based upon the photos alone, the right breast appears tuberous, the left one rather normal but larger and ptotic (sagging). 

Depending upon your goals, you will choose the best procedure for yourself with the advice of your surgeon. The right breast will need a lift, and unless the size is satisfactory, an enlargement. The left breast will need a reduction that incorporates a lift (they always do). I doubt that an implant will be needed on this side. Even if you with that breast to be larger, it seems doubtful that the enlarged right breast could be made to match the current left breast size. 

Expect that you may need a secondary procedure during the first year. This is quite common with combined augmentation/lifting procedures, with surgery on tuberous breasts, and with surgery on asymmetric breasts. 

Insurers will typically consider this to be aesthetic and not functional, and therefore not covered by their policies. 

Thank you for your question, all the best. 

No vertical scar lift

+1

If you are size 36 D and happy with the size of your left breast then I would recommend augmentation and lift on the right and a lift only on the left.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift that uses only a circumareola incision to avoid ugly vertical scars.  Your breast can be lifted higher on the chest wall, reshaped to increase your upper pole fullness and displaced medial to increase your cleavage.  I recommend you do all the surgery simultaneously.  It is possible that you may need minor revisions later that can be done under local.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift

+1

I dont think you have tuberous breasts just some asymmetry. I would recommend a lift with or without an implant on the right and a lift with asmall reduction on the left. The breasts will be similar after the surgery but never the exact same

Breast symmetry

+1

You will need to have a bilateral mastopexy(lift), and an implant on the right. This will make your nipples higher and smaller, giving a rounder perkier result to both. You will not have perfectly matched breasts, because one fold may be higher than the other, and the sizes may not be a perfect match either. I would suggest you plan on a small revision 6-12 months later after skin stretching to get closer to that perfect result we all want.

Insurance will not, and should not cover this cosmetic procedure.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Yes, you do have significant asymemtry and because of this you have to understand that the two breasts will not look the same.  Both need to be lifted and you can increase volume in the smaller one and probably reduce the larger one to get a closer match.

Tuberous breasts

+1

thank you for your question. My approach would be a single stage procedure with an uplift and small reduction on your left (larger) side and an uplift with an implant on your right (smaller) side. You do not have to have the implant if you did not want one, and accepted the size of the right to be the size you end up.

I do not find luck with getting insurance companies to cover this procedure though I believe they should.

good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/breast-augmentation-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1

The minimum you would need is a lift on the right and a reduction on the left.  If you wanted upper breast fullness, then you could add submuscular implants at the same time. 

Web reference: http://www.naturallookingresults.com

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Insurance Will Not Cover Breast Lift and Augmentation

+1

The breasts can be made more symmetric by added more volume to the right breast or removing tissue from the left or a combination of both, based upon your desires.  A full breast lift for bothe breasts can then be used to lift the breast and make them appear more round and symmetric in shape.