The tip of my nose is asymmetrical and bulbous. Am I a candidate for a Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I've been wanting a tip rhinoplasty for sometime now, but I'd like a second opinion. As you can see the tip of my nose is asymmetrical and bulbous. I'm also uncomfortable with my profile and would like the projection of my nose slightly decreased if possible. Other than that I like the bridge of my nose just fine.

Rhinoplasty and correction of bulbous tip

+1
Thanks for your question and photos.
Rhinoplasty can be used for correction of bulbous tip. It is usually done with a combination of small amount of removal of cartilage combined with reshaping of the cartiages with suturing and reshaping techniques.

Candidate for "Tip" Rhinoplasty?

+1
Thank you for providing the photos, as they are very helpful. Based on these images, I believe you would be a candidate for Rhinoplasty. Yes, it is possible to improve the tip alone without altering the bridge of your nose. Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who can fully examine your nose and make his/her recommendations for the best result.

Michael A. Epstein, MD

The tip of my nose is asymmetrical and bulbous. Am I a candidate for a Rhinoplasty?

+1
You are absolutely correct, you would benefit from a tipplasty.  The goal of the tipplasty is to reduce and refine the tip of the nose.

+1
OK I agree with your assessment of the tip. Now see IN PERSON a few surgeons to decide upon the operation... 

Tip rhinoplasty

+1
A tip rhinoplasty could be performed to narrow the tip. I will say that you will have to be patient for the swelling in the tip to go down to see the final results.

+1
   The tip can be refined and deprojected to produce those changes with a closed rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip repair

+1
The bulbous tip  can be narrowed with the rhinoplasty procedure. This is performed with suture techniques, and a conservative cartilage removal of the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. For many examples, please see the link below

Reshaping bulbous, asymmetric tip with mal-positioned lower lateral cartilages during rhinoplasty

+1
As you mentioned, your tip is asymmetric and bulbous.  Those cosmetic issues can be addressed during surgery by a rhinoplasty specialist.  Your tip is on the challenging end of the spectrum, so it's important to do your due diligence in researching and consulting with top rhinoplasty surgeons.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

The tip of my nose is asymmetrical.

+1
You can benefit from tip refinement, though reducing tip projection may require some reduction of the bridge. In order to get your terms right, computer simulation can help you see clearly the proposed or possible changes to your nose and give you confidence that the result will be just right.

+1
Based on your photos-- you're a good candidate for rhinoplasty. 
An in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with years of experience-- is necessary in order to outline the plan. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD