Swelling and Scars After Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift?

Hi there, I'm having circumferential lipo of waist (also inner and outer thighs) with fat graft to buttocks. What is the aesthetic recovery time? How long after the procedure will the bruising, swelling, and lipo scars heal to the extent that they are not noticeable by others? How long after would one be able to wear a bikini for instance? Thanks!

Scars after a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The scars with a Brazilian Butt Lift are very minimal and usually easily hidden.  In general scars do take 6 months to a year to reach their final appearance.  You will be bikini ready long before this, however.  You should feel pretty good about the way you look within 6 weeks.

Liposuction and fat transfer

+1

You seem to have lots of questions regarding your surgery. You need to be fully informed by your surgeon about the surgery, recovery, and what you can and cannot do, complications risks. If your surgeon is not giving you the time to discuss all this with you then you need to find someone else who can spend the time to explain all that to you.

Swelling and Recovery after Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Much of this depends upon the amount of liposuction performed and the amount of fat transferred.  In almost all of my patients, I liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc per buttock.  Usually by 3 months, the swelling is minimal.  I advise that scars not be exposed to sunlight for the first year due to risk for hyperpigmentation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com