I have cleft chin. What would be the best form of augmentation for me?

My chin is asymmetrical as one side seems to have a larger distribution of skin (or fat, I suppose). At first, I was thinking maybe I could just have a filler injected into the dimple. However, I am trying to accomplish a more flattering profile view of my face. I think, in order to achieve that, I may just have to go with an implant. I understand that the proportion of chin to nose is important to create an ascetically appealing profile view.

Chin Augmentation in a Cleft Chin

+1
Have a chin cleft does not affect what type of chin augmentation to have. Regardless of implant material, style and size, the chin cleft will largely be unaffected. If desired the chin cleft can be changed at the time of the implant augmentation. But how the chin augmentation is done should be based on your aesthetic desires of projection and length and how that affects your facial profile.

+1
In many cases, a chin implant will not change a chin cleft or dimple. Often, a small injection of dermal filler is required to fill in the dimple. This can be performed by itself or along with a chin implant procedure. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin

+1
Clefts can be correct by shaving the area which is done surgically or better yet injecting fillers into the area. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon