What Do I Do About Cleavage Wrinkles?

I was watching Dr. Oz's 9/29 TV program about chest wrinkles - he featured a pillow bra and retinol cream as the solutions. He stated that the pillow was a "great idea". The product is called the INTIMIA Pillow. Do you think its a good solution for chest wrinkles? After all, it allows sleeping on your side while keeping the breasts separated and staying in place...

Cleavage Wrinkles Need Multiple Treatments

+1

The Intimia Pillow is a good idea for prevention or to use during treatment. Other alternatives include the Kush support or the Decollete pad.

The wrinkles need treatment at the skin level and the vitamin A compounds are a good start.  Retinol (the alcohol form of vitamin A) is a good start, but Retin A (the acid form of vitamin A ) is stronger.  Retin A comes in different strengths and one can start with a mild strength and build up to the strongest concentrations.  Those women with deep wrinkles and heavy breasts that fold together may not be able to tolerate Retin A as the medication may get trapped between the two breasts, and cause a burn.  Retinol is milder but will not work as well.

Reversal of photodamage with intensed pulsed light (IPL) helps even out the mottled pigmentation.  Laser Genesis treatments will thicken up the collagen in the skin. Infrared pulses of the TItan Laser by Cutera can also thicken up the collagen, and firm out the wrinkling.  Fraxel laser is another method to even out the pigmentation, and smooth the skin.

The wrinkles themselves may be injected with Juvederm or Restylane for smoothing.  Due to the weight of the tissues on the wrinkles, repeat treatments will be necessary.

Marin Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for cleavage wrinkles

+1

There are many different options to treat this. One that works if the muscles over the chest are crinkling, is to inject Botox or Dysport to lay them down. A second is to use Fraxel to smoothen the skin. Obviously, combining these two modalities helps more than either one.
Finally, I use fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm and volumizers such as Sculptra in this area

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon