Tampa area looking to get tummy tuck and Lipo? (photo)

I am 50 y.o. 5' 6" 160 pounds wanting to schedule a tummy tuck and lipo in the next six weeks. While in between jobs. I just quit smoking, will I qualify for surgery in this time frame

Tummy tuck and Lipo? (photo)

+2
Viewing  our photos, it looks like a TT would be ideal for you. Any time you have overlapping skin, removal of the skin is necessary -- thus a tummy tuck. Liposuctions are used with TT's most frequently. In your case, I would suggest it for your "love handles" also called "muffin-tops." This should give you a most satisfactory result.

If you are looking to have it done in the next 6 weeks, you should contact your PS very soon as most are booked about a month in advance. You may also look for a PS who uses no drains by using progressive tension mattress sutures attaching the flap to the underlying muscles. This will eliminate need for the drains, the recovery time will be reduced, and the seroma formation will be greatly reduced. 

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Tampa area looking to get tummy tuck and Lipo?

+2

Thank you for your question.  Looking at your photos, you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  Not sure lipo is required - hat is better evaluated during an examination when you can feel the thickness of the skin as well.

I would recommend you get in for a couple of consults as soon as you can so that you can get the process going if you have to get it done in the next six weeks.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

+2

I recommend Dr John O'Brien in St Pete, Florida. He is very well qualified and an excellent Plastic Surgeon..///

Tampa Tummy Tuck Surgeon

+2

Depending on how much you smoked per day would determine when you could move forward with surgery. Reviewing your pictures you would certainly be an ideal candidate for surgery.

Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in tummy tuck surgery.

Jaime Perez, MD

Tummy tuck after tobacco

+2

Your photos suggest you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck, with or without liposuction. Current recommendations suggest you should quit smoking at least 4 weeks in advance of cosmetic surgery.

Adding the stress of abdominal or flank liposuction can increase the risk of a wound problem, especially with a history of recent tobacco use. I recommend holding off on liposuction until the tummy tuck scars are mature; that way if there are any little scar touch-ups necessary they can be performed at the same time. In my practice I limit liposuction performed with tummy tucks to areas not on the trunk (hips, thighs, neck, etc.).

Consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of your surgeon's pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge experience, expertise, and the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

You will be sore for up to two weeks and should plan to wear a binder for six weeks to allow the tightened muscles to heal. Your best way to avoid complications is to walk around a lot right away after surgery.

You will love the results from a well-performed abdominoplasty.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Your desired time frame is less of a problem...

+2

Hi there-

Depending on the availability of the surgeon you choose to perform your procedure and the requirements placed upon you at your next job, your desired time frame should be possible if you get the process started soon, and based only on your photos it looks like you would be a great candidate for improvement....

The most critical details you need to pay attention to in order for you to be as safe as possible and maximize your chances of looking your very best are for you to choose your surgeon very carefully and based on the appropriate priorities (their education, training, experience, experienced of prior patients, and outcomes), and for you to be completely nicotine free for at least 4 weeks prior to and 4 weeks after your procedure. Surgeons will vary in how much time they think is important, but generally each will know how much time away from nicotine is safe using their particular technique.

Its important to understand that ALL nicotine is just as dangerous to your safety and outcome- and your should therefor avoid electronic cigarettes, gums, and patches as well as cigarettes.

Make your decisions wisely and you should be safe and happy.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Smoking

+2
  • I have patients quit smoking all cigarettes for at least 6 weeks prior to abdominoplasty. This also includes nicotine patches and nicotine gum.
  • Nicotine can have adverse effects on healing, it decreases the blood supply to your abdominal skin, and it can also cause your belly button skin to die after a tummy tuck.
  • Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to find out more.
  • Best of luck to you!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

TT

+1

Thank you for your pictures.

The pictures are poor quality but I can still define if you are a right candidate for the requested surgery procedures. I recommend an extended tummy tuck, Liposuction in the waist, upper and lower back as well as fat transfer to the buttocks area in order to enhance your body and give you the results you are seeking with surgery. 

Congrats on you quitting smoking, a patient can definitely have surgery if the patient stops 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after surgery.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and lipo ??

+1

Regarding  this pics   you are  an excellent   patient     for the   procedures    you are asking  tummy tuck , liposcution   and  i will add    brazilian  butt  lift , (  very    soft  and  delicate   results ?) The    most  important   topic  with  these  surgeries    is the smoking  and   you    said     you  stopped   ,     please    do not   take    back    if  you  are  planning    to  have    plastic   surgery     for  at  least  a period  of    3   weeks     before  and   after  surgery. Eventough    you  need to have  a  pulmonary  function test  to    see    how   your  lung s   will   behave   during   the   procedures 

Cynthia Disla, MD

+1

If you stopped tobacco for 1 month, those procedures can be safely performed assuming an otherwise healthy patient.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.