Would I be okay to travel 4 weeks after Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation with lift?

I have a trip planned to Germany and now I am freaking out that I might still in bad shape to be a tourist. Any insights? What are the major concerns?

Surgery and travel

+2

You should be ok at 4 weeks, but you may have to slow down a little. I would plan as much as you would normally do as you will not be completely normal at this point.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is always best to get the opinion and recommendation of your board certified plastic surgeon. You should be ok to travel 4 weeks after your Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation, just be prepared to take it slow. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Mommy Makeover

+1

Just make sure to have some help lugging around your luggage and try to take it easy while there, I usually recommend taking it easy for 6 weeks following mommy makeover procedure.

Have a great trip

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Healing time after mommy makeover before travel

+1

The general rule after mommy makeover tummy tuck with muscle repair is 6 weeks before unrestricted lifting and similar activity. If you will have help and able to take it easy, 4 weeks is probably OK.

Richard Baxter, MD

+1
I believe you will do well, but you will need to adjust your activity level. You may still find that you get tired faster than you have before surgery. Also, you do not want to put strain on the surgical sites. Don't forget to get up a walk on the plane about every hour or so to help keep the circulation going in your legs and keep the swelling down in general.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Travel after surgery

+1

Yes after 4 weeks you are good to go! I would consider getting up every hour and walking. Have fun and enjoy!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Travel in 2 weeks after a mommy makeover.....absolutely

+1

In two weeks after a tummy tuck and breast surgery you can travel anywhere you want. I do feel that you should travel first class since you will want to get up and move about frequently however business class is also okay. I let patients travel as they wish after 2 weeks as long as they have normal healing sand they almost always do. The rule is do not be sedentary on a plane, train, or automobile. Walk and if you must be sedentary a little do it in the first class section of whatever. Have fun, Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon