Do I Need a Lift with Saline Implants and Can I Go Big to Dd and Should It Be Under Muscle? (photo)

5'8 147 lbs C cup 22.5 cm sternal notch to nipple Pencil test : pencil did not stay/stick I want saline implants six DD can I do this without lift? Thanks

Need for a lift with saline-filled implants

+2

The maximum size increase with properly fitted, high profile implants is two cup sizes from where you're starting from. 

The need for a lift is a separate issue from saline-filled or gel-filled implants. Implants to not lift the breast. Filling out the lower pole of your breast will give the illusion of a breast lift and looks to be quite feasible for you.

Under the (pectoralis) muscle is clearly the best approach both short term and long term. This is based on many years of experience. 

Silicone gel-filled or saline-filled implants will look the same. In your case you have enough tone and tissue to cover the implant on the side of your breast (where the muscle doesn't cover) so that it won't be an issue for you with a properly sized and positioned (and filled, if saline) implant. Where you will feel the implant is in the lower pole of your breast where you don't have much breast tissue and the volume will be mostly implant. Saline-filled implants will feel ripply here where gel-filled implants will feel more natural. The looks should be the same.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question pictures.

As you can imagine, it is difficult to give you good advice with limited pictures, especially with your arms elevated. However, it seems (again based on the limited information) that you will do well with breast augmentation only.

In regards to the best breast implant size/profile to help achieve your goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D or DD” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

C to DD with Saline Implants Under the Muscle

+2

To go from a C to DD, you may need 400 cc or possibly more.  If the pocket is dissected in the certain manner, a submuscular augmentation can be performed and a lift may not be needed.  Make sure you find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Do I Need a Lift with Saline Implants and Can I Go Big to Dd and Should It Be Under Muscle?

+2

For saline implants, I would suggest putting these under the muscle. The decision about a lift is often hard to make with photos alone and no exam. With implants as large as you are considering, many surgeons would recommend doing the procedures separately anyway. Since this is a borderline call, I would probably go with the implants alone, decide later on the lift. 

All the best. 

+1

Not sure what 6 DD means??? But  yes you can increase your size if desired by the implant. As for size from 400 cc to 600 cc is the range. I recommend sub muscular placement. 

Breast lift, breast augmentation, breast implants

+1

If you are wanting to go to a full D or DD, I  do not recommend a breast lift.  Although you do have some skin relaxation your nipple areolar complexes appear to be at or above the existing breast fold. They will appear more elevated with a breast augmentation and I also agree the implants can be placed under the pectoralis muscle.    Although you will have a more tear-drop shape with a breast augmentation alone, this would also allow you to have the size implant you are desiring.  A breast lift tightens the overall space for an implant. . . and it would be difficult to achieve a full DD safely when a breast lift is performed at the same time.

Diane L. Gibby, MD