Clear Fluid Draining and Increased Sinus Pressure 8 Days After Rhinoplasty?

I had closed rhinoplasty to remove a hump 8 days ago. Last night I jumped up high to swat at a mosquito, forgetting about my nose. When I landed my head felt a bit jumbled. A little later I felt some pressure building and I woke up this morning with a very runny nose. The pressure seems to be building behind my eyes and temples. Could this just be a cold developing or is it possible I messed something up when I jumped?

Clear Fluid Draining At 8 Days After Rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend that you have your surgeon examine your nose to rule out undesirable causes.

It may be a pure coincidence that that you have developed a cold, a sinus issue, etc.

Regardless of the cause, you want to take care of it quickly; maintaining the right track of recovery is essential especially that you are at the early phases of recovery.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Runny Nose

+1

Better get into see your doctor right away.  Do not wait around hoping your condition will automatically improve all by itself.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon