Clear Way of Describing Desired Breast Size to PS for Breast Reduction?

I am 21, 5'4 and 115lbs. I have been unhappy with my breasts ever since I could remember, I am extremely active and they tend to get in the way.I am having breast reduction surgery in May to reduce from a 32DD to a 32B. One of my breast's is at least a cup size bigger than my other. I am concerned that my PS does not understand my desired size for after reduction. I want to make sure I am as clear as possible when i go in for my pre-op in April so i am not disappointed with the end results

Communicating Goals before Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the excellent question.

Communicating goals prior to any type of breast surgery is critical. In my practice the use of goal pictures are helpful in this regard; a discussion of cup size can be confusing and imprecise.   Therefore, I would not suggest that you communicate your goals and/or base your satisfaction with the outcome of surgery on achieving a specific cup size.

I also find that the use of pictures is more helpful than the words “natural” or "proportionate” etc., which can mean different things to different people.

In regards to breast symmetry,  achieving realistic expectations prior to surgery will be important also. Remember, that absolute symmetry is rarely achieved.

Best wishes;  hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the plan the procedure.  This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Best way to convey desire breast size from a breast reduction is with a photograph.

+1

There are some new computer programs that allow volume adjustment to the breasts provided by photograph. In my practice, we discussed breast size but to be certain that the patient understanding is the same as mine I preferred that they provide a photograph of breasts similar to the size that they would like.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,15-atlanta-breast-reduction.htm

Breast reduction

+1

I think that it is important to discuss your goals with your surgeon. I always listen to my patients and try to explain things to them very clearly.  Getting to a "B" cup may not be possible with very large breasts but an exam in person will  help delineate the possibilites.