How do I clear up bruising around my lips faster?

+1

Swelling and bruising is very common after having a filler applied, give it a full 2-3 weeks to settle before seeing your final result, you can also try taking Arnika Forte to help speed this process.

Bruising after injections

+1

Once swelling is gone, warm compresses seem to help bruising. Arnica might be helpful but I prefer that my patients have started that right after or before injection. Once you have the bruises for a couple of days I think that compreses are your best bet.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Pulsed dye lasers and Arnica for bruising

+1

We have had good success in many, but not all patients, using pulsed dye laser for bruising (VBeam laser). We also recommend our patients take a high dose Arnica supplement (capsules, not dissolvable tablets or gel) prior to or starting immediately after their treatment. Icing the area immediately after also helps,

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Pulsed Dye Laser for Injection Bruising

+1

Hi LA Penny. While we certainly respect the research, our own treatments with pulsed dye lasers has shown to resolve bruises within 48 - 72 hours after we treat with the laser. As Dr. Schwartz points out, we need to see the patient within 48-72 hours after the bruise first developed (usually the time of treatment).

When compared to letting bruises heal on their own, we can cut that time in half. We use the Cynosure V-Star and Candela V-Beam for the treatments. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Bruising of lip

+1

I assume you had filler and now have some bruising of your lip. Unfortunately, bruising will go away on its own and difficult to predict how long it will take.

Treatments for bruising

+1

Unfortunately, there is no reliable method of improving recovery time from bruising. A very recent study in the Journal of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, October, 2013 compared the efficacy of pulsed dye laser (PDL), cold compresses, hydrogen peroxide, and an OTC “bruise serum”. None of these methods had any effect on bruising intensity or duration. PDL actually made the bruising worse. A previous study had showed that PDL can be effective but only when the treatment is between 48 and
72 hours after the injury.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon