Clear Braces Vs. Invisalign: What's the Difference?

my Googling of clear braces has me confused. are clear braces the exact same thing as invisalign braces? if it isn't, then what are key differences? what other brand should i consider for braces that are invisible or hidden?

Clear braces means there are brackets on your teeth

+1

The brackets used for clear braces are made of plastic or porcelain and are the same shade as your teeth,but they of course stick out from the surface. You also have arch wires that run between the teeth,,so the word clear is misleading. Sometimes researching medical dental issues on Google can just confuse the person trying to get info. The best way for info is to go for a free consult at a dental office that specializes in Invisalign. Patients concerned with their appearance usually go with Invisalign.

Dr Thomas

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Clear braces versus Invisalign

+1

Invisalign is a series of clear removable aligners that are worn to move teeth. "Clear" braces generally tend to refer to ceramic braces that are placed on the front of the teeth. These braces are "clear" versus traditional metal braces. Lingual braces are braces that go on the inside of your teeth and can not be seen from the front of your teeth. Each system has advantages and disadvantages so I would recommend seeing an orthodontist to explore your treatment options.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist