Can I Use a Cleansing Pore Strip on my Nose After One Week of my Rhinoplasty?

I just got my nose done a week ago and I really want to use a pore strip on it. Would it be okay to do it this early on?

Do NOT use a Pore Cleansing Strip immedately after Nose Surgery

+2

In Nose Surgery the skin is removed from the underlying structures, the bones and cartilages are modified and the incisions are closed. With time, the skin reattaches with scar tissue to the underlying nose. You should not engage in any activity in which the skin is moved or lifted off the nose in the early period after surgery. This includes not worrying about your pores and using pore cleansing strips. 

Better not but ask your surgeon

+1
It's a good idea to avoid touching the nose or using pore strips for a few weeks after surgery. This is important to prevent damaging your nose, which is highly sensitive at this time. However, please ask your surgeon as they may have different advice.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Cleansing Nasal Skin After Rhinoplasty

+1

If you have thick, oily skin I prefer to not use taping on those patients post operatively as they can have significant acne formation.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Cleansing Pore Strips on Nasal Skin 1 Week Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I would nor recommend using the pore strips for at least 1 month after your rhinoplasty. I suggest you talk to your surgeon or a dermatologist  regarding skin care at this time.

Pore strips and rhinoplasty

+1

I do not recommend pore strips to my patients. You should check with your doctor first of course.  It may be damaging to the overlying skin which is usually swollen and a bit numb.

Biore Nasal Strips

+1

Do not use the Biore (or similar) nasal strips after a rhinoplasty for at least one month. In the initial healing period you can harm your skin and worst yet, your nasal tip. It is almost like waxing. You can cause irritation of the skin leading to more swelling or you can move the nose making it crooked.

Regards

Dr. Janjua

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is better to wait another 2 weeks. If your rhinoplasty did not involve repositioning of the nasal bones, you can use the cleansing strips sooner.

Kris Conrad, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon